Saturday, May 19, 2007

voyeur

I've chosen to be a voyeur today.

well, I should qualify - whenever one is taking public transit, rail, bus, actually any group transportation, public or private, they are forced into the lives of others. this morning's commute from hotel to the chinatown bus was quite interesting. I've been told that I have a tendency to eavesdrop (not the ear pressed up to the window, or the unplugging > plugging the phone in so you can listen into a conversation that isn't yours - but those conversations that happen in my shared space - and if you talk bad about CDN I will respond from across the room), but with the advent of cell phones, and no accompanying etiquette, I learned a lot more than I would asked for, or would've guessed from the outward appearance. And the lack of brevity in the conversation. I was just on overload today. actually, I felt like the whole city is like an overload of crazy stories, ethnic mosaics, education, politics, money, history, greed, trees, and trees.

and now I'm in NYC. see next post.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"...and I've been told that I have a tendency to eavesdrop..." YES you do Quizzie Lizzie!!!

Nicol Clark said...

so today we heard some conservative-looking, late middle-aged woman in Jo-Ann Fabrics talking loudly on the cell about some lady not having the balls to tell her husband to do something... totally weird.